Friday 14 March 2008

Passion †


random photo of string from pan mien ta pau plastic, it was shaped like a heart by itself. cool coinceidence? not.

It has been an exciting week, Ps Pat Mesiti was around to speak in CHC for a 4 day conference, starting off he talked about PASSION. As he talked on about being passionate, ranging from businessmen whom intensely seek knowledge about their field to workers on the street sweeping with all their might, Ps Pat words definitely comes from God. Over the course of the month, people around me and my lecturers resonate what Ps. Pat were saying. Mentors and role models of my life have reminded me about having that first love, having that pure intense passion for God. My lecturer's have been talking about being passionate in what we do, loving it, and going all out. Ps. Pat words sums it all up, being passionate for Christ together in what we do; having the same PASSION like Christ had.

Taking a step back, I do think about the future, doing architecture, sigh. Is that what i'm really gonna do? 30-40 yrs down the road, drawing, drawing, thinking, thinking, discussing, getting white hair, lots of white hair, till no more hair? No doubt it's gonna be tough, but when you're passionate, that changes, YOU'LL LOVE WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO YOUR FULLEST CAPACITY AND YOU WILL DO IT TO YOUR FULL POTENTIAL. problem is, I'm not so passionate with what i currently do, but i trust God with the plans i have with Him.

This song came into mind as i was writing: Till I see You, Hillsong

The greatest love that anyone could ever know
That overcame the cross and grave to find my soul
And 'til I see You face to face and grace amazing takes me home
I'll trust in You

With all I am I'll live to see Your kingdom come
And in my heart I pray You'd let Your will be done
And 'til I see You face to face and grace amazing takes me home
I'll trust in You

I will live to love You
I will live to bring You praise
I will live a child in awe of You

You are the voice that calls the universe to be
You are the whisper in my heart that speaks to me
And 'til I see You face to face and grace amazing takes me home
I'll trust in you

You alone are God of all
You alone are worthy Lord
And with all I am my soul will bless Your name


Spiritually am i PASSIONATE? weird la asking myself, but honestly it's currently no, i seem to be 'lukewarm' rather than 'hot'. Apparently, God will 'spit' me out if I don't heat up. I recalled back in 2003 when my life was so saturated with love for God, I actually shared with a taxi driver and encouraged him to go to church, just like that, a random taxi driver (although it must have been God divinely intervening to give the uncle a chance to hear the gospel). But still, that was PASSION. Nowadays, i find it quite difficult to even mention Jesus name amongst my friends but occasionally I get pumped up and share openly but to a limit only. Simply put, my passion for Christ isn't as large as it used to be, and that as I am pretty aware of needs building up indefinitely. So do remember me if u do pray. I really need to spark up my spiritual life.

When i was searching for some word of encouragement from the Bible about passion, i realise that i could only find mostly compassion, the Bible says a lot about God having compassion for people, CHC mission statement is:

"Loving God with Passion, Loving people with Compassion"

Being passionate for God, still you have to have compassion for people around, and above it all, love. (1 Corinthians 13:13) When you wanna be passionate for Christ, show it out of love for God by loving people. =) sometimes loving ain't easy but we were created in God's image, so love we can and shall.

Show me how to live
Teach me how to pray
Let all I think and say please You Lord
Show me how to live
Teach me in Your ways
So I can walk with You all my days

No comments: